Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Summer Solstice and the Mi'Kmaq

June 21, 2011
Happy Summer Solstice
And what a day it was! The sun actually came out most all day but it was cool. On my morning run I did take my camera and got some really cool shots of the flowers and sea scapes.

I had my first reading at 10 am with Bonnie’s friend Linda and to my delight in her spinning and weaving room. It was full of looms and spinning wheels and yarn. And Grandmother energy! Her gardens were so full of color and her house was inviting with the smell of good cooking. I just loved her energy and we had a great reading. As we were leaving we stopped to chat with her husband, that is called the Spin Doctor and the master at working with and repairing spinning wheels. Well me missed the 11:15 ferry because… I had to go to his basement to see his wheels and talk to him about swpinning wheels and shipping me one to Florida. Oh, I got connections now! Spinning is another one of my passions but I don’t indulge in it as I often as I like, can’t sit still long enough..
Once did, spinning wool from all over and wilf hair from my beloved Willow and I have always wanted a spinning wheel.

Off to the LaHave river ferry and about this time Bonnie is giving me a hard time because I am taking photos like a true tourist, well shit I am. We have been picking at each other all week and I am sure it will only get worst, be cause we love each other so very much, it is great being with her again. So we end up in this little craft shop and the famous LaHave bakery for lunch…. I will just say… I ask the woman to write a cook book. I had Rhubarb Punch and carrot t

Thai soup and fish sandwich. Oh My!!! The food is just unbelievable, I am so glad I quit smoking so I could taste every thing on this trip, it is so worth it..
Then we went to another reading, a ramble down through the back roads and then this long winding driveway. Pulled up to this farm and I just felt an energy that made me happy. Not just flowers this time but fruits, vegetables and herbs. But under the bird feeder there were the cutest chipmunks and squirrels. I felt like I could just put one in my pocket and was surprised at how colorful they were. The Tracey’s just lovely people and our reading was in Nancy’s treatment room in the up stairs of her house. He was and artist and musician and she was a writer and a healer. I just loved them, both but then when they gave Bonnie and I a DVD that their son had produced "Feast of Famie" food security, sustainability and the family farm… well I just knew how important this meeting was and the connections we made. The film was made right here in Lunenburg. Not only that, the Japanese woman I met on Sunday was Nancy’s son’s girlfriend and these connections are very important. The reading connected her to a client in Tallahassee and helping children learn, the subject of her book… I left there with my head spinning but just wait it gets BETTER…
Bonnie and I debated to go to a local Summer Solstice ritual with the local Native tribe, they are known as the First People, the Mi’Kmaq or Micmac Tribe. We had already planned to go to this Miller peace Point Park where the Lady Slippers were in bloom but prepared ourselves to maybe go and check out what the locals were doing since we had already planned our own ritual for the evening on her land. We were late and we were a little nervous and uncertain about going. We wandered around the park and finally found the gathering. We waited until we were invited into the circle and smudged, then it all took on a whole magical experience. The Heartbeat Drummers were chanting and drumming a welcoming song and it was just felt right. Bonnie actually knew several people there and we just fell into the energy of the circle which was very inviting and native. We passed the talking stick and went to a place on the land and did a Waters of the World ceremony (they did not call it that) in the realm of the old ones and ancestors. We saw them in the forest and felt them blessing us as we sang and danced in Micmac energy. We made offerings of tobacco and looked into the eyes of the elders of the tribe. I walked a log and played my flute to the spirits of the lands and others drummed and danced and played rattles. We went back to the circle and passed the talking stick once more and sang another song in their native language. We exchanged gifts and ate and chatted with the group, said our good byes and left. It was really a beautiful experience and one I will never forget.

Back to Bonnie’s and then I got some very hard news from home. I will not go into it on my blog, I am talking with the family by e-mail. But I will ask for those reading my blog to send my family at home energy. They need to be sent prayers for strength and courage, justice and safety for our grandson Trenten. Leslie our daughter needs some support to help here through this situation. It is difficult when I am so far from home and have had a lot of fear around leaving as you already know. I feel the Summer Solstice energy is bring transformation of things that need to be taken care of and changed. My dream last night, Noah was telling me his world was on fire and Jamie was there too but I didn’t see Leslie or the kids, maybe that comes later.

Bonnie and I had been talking about her land and the center for our Summer Solstice ritual. We took lots of photos of the area and took a lot of time feeling out where the center was to be for this work. We waited till late because I was processing what my family was going through at home but made it out just before sunset. We stood in the center of her woods as the sunset (which is 9:30pm) and the fog rolled in even though there was a nice breeze off the bay. The woods took on a life of it’s own in sacred space as we shifted between realm. We chanted to the Faery as we blessed the land. We have felt shifts in the land over the past few days and we will complete our work there over the next few days. Be have a big day for tomorrow and it WAS the longest day of the year and I am still going strong at 12:30am oh it is tomorrow…


OK for some reason I can not down load the photos I want onto the blog so I am going to try to do the photos in a new post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment