Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 27 No Coffee and Trent in the Hopsital

June 27, 2011
Day 2 Earth Activist Training
I started my day with a commitment that I was not going to drink coffee even if it were offered to me in a silver cup. And it did appear on the breakfast table and I walked away and others knew I was suffering. Starhawk did not know what I was processing and told a story at the breakfast table about having to stop drinking coffee during a protect because of the extreme conditions and that they were out on the street for four days protesting. Another sign that I was doing something important. I just don’t feel coffee is a bad thing and had no intention of stopping it here and suffering like this The headache hit about 10 am and I was not able to concentrate in class which was an important presentation Zone and sections and micro climates.
I am also having a hard time with the food. Yes, we are eating healthy foods but I have had NO protein since I have been here other than beans. We are eating soups, bread and salads for lunch and dinner and oatmeal for breakfast with fruit. I am suffering because I am not digesting the beans well.
The farm is basically a very old musty barn that has been sorta made into a retreat center. We are sleeping on mattress on plywood floors and there are just rooms tossed here and there. I was lucky to get a cabin that is in the center of the cow, horse and donkey pasture and we have to walk the wet poopy trails to get there. But I do have privacy where others do not. Louise from Montreal and I are in the cabin and are enjoying our space. The bathrooms toilets are from RV’s with no real flush systems, some have valve water source some just have buckets. And the whole place stinks. We already shut down one of the bathrooms due to it being too close to the class room. The physical accommodations suck and that includes the food, soup and salad are ok for a meal or two but this looks like all we are getting.
At Lunch I checked my e-mail and had a total melt down. My emotions are on edge anyway and I am having a rough day and Noah e-mails that Trent our grandson was in the hospital and they think he has meningitis. I called everyone at home and no one answered. Lisa checks her messages on her phone and she did reply and tell me he was ok and she was watching over them. One again here is my fear and I am trying to work through it. I told the classes and we send to powerful healing for Trent and support for the family. I am sure they felt it strong, this is a powerful group of people and the work we are doing is also powerful. And I am not the only one struggling with emotions and physical discomfort. After class I was able to talk with Noah and get a better. It seems he is stable and they are keeping hin till the test come back. It was good to get to talk to him and in calmed my emotions.
In class this afternoon we actually started to design permaculture designs for this farm. We took a few things they want and worked in small groups to design a plan according to the principles and zones and concepts we have been working on. It was a lot of fun and we actully used what we were learning to apply to this site.
During the evening class we talked a lot about power and community structure and working in our designs with permaculture for peoples needs. It was a good talk and very interactive, we were able to give our input into our ideas and purpose for doing this work.

I will post photos later since it seems we are all on our computers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment