Monday, June 20, 2011

Jax to Halifax June 17, 2011

June 17, 2011
My day started off at 5am doing my Full Moon Beauty Ritual I should have done on Wednesday or Thursday, It takes me about an hour or so to take some years off my looks with natural color, removing a little hair here and there, I won’t bore you with the details, but this is a Full Moon ritual that also includes Glamour, I NEEDED it this morning!
Jamie was to ride with us to Jacksonville and I told her to be at the house by 6:45, she called at 7:00 am and said she just got up. It really was ok, I was really stressed and trying not to totally flip out and her being with us and being late would have made mine and Noah’s stress just twice of what it was already. We didn’t leave at 7:00 as planed and the trip was a train wreck, the smoke from the forest fires was horrible about half way to Jacksonville the somke go bad on I10. I understand that the Ocala National Forest in the I10 area is on fire as well as some south Georgia wild fires. NPR said there are over 400 forest fires in Florida and we are in the worst drought and fire risk since 1998. On the trip over there were times both Noah and I were very concerned, breathing deeply, we didn’t talk, we were running late and by the time we got to the airport I was a total wreck. I told Noah to just take me to check in curb drop off and not worry about parking. It was sometime after 10am and I was afraid my boarding check in was going to take longer. I got out of the car, everything ready to roll, looked in my bag for my e-ticket and realized I had not given Noah his Father’s Day card, I hadn’t even written what I wanted to say to him, which was important to me. I felt so very bad and I just started crying. I know this is hard for him too and that he is going through his own stress right now, he has done a good job of not making it harder on me, knowing I have to do this trip and training. I don’t cry easily but ever since I left him there on the curb, I have been in tears. Even on the plane, I was listening to my MP3 player that he had down loaded some music on. I have this horrible feeling and just can’t shake it. I wrote his card sitting in JAX but there is no place to mail it in the airport and in the Detroit, there seems to be a real snobbish attitude, or the three employees I have talked to were very short and rude.

Having a rough time, sitting and thinking in the Detroit Airport
I sit thinking of my beloved family and friends and Florida is on FIRE, the smoke finally cleared about 45 minutes into the flight. I am sad, I am really emotional. I wish now I would have filled my phone card so I could call home and just talk to Noah. It is a fear that I can’t explain, and yes when Psychics have a bad feeling it is just a bad feeling, you have to go with it and not manifest your fears, as I tell my clients. We have emotions too we just have to separate it from others. I have tried to shake it and it is really getting to me. I am sitting in Detroit International Airport. Now we find out the flight is delayed for mechanical problems, great… just please fix it. I thought that reading Cookie and Me would cheer me up or at least keep my mind from the mood I am in, Damn I hate feeling this way. Maybe I just need to cry, or I could splurge and buy a coffee or maybe same chocolate. The walk and chocolate really helped, I went to the bathroom and tried to cry but the auto flush toilet kept flushing while I sat there. Go figure. So what does it mean, "Due to high security concerns, all domestic customers must be on the plane 30 minutes before departing or your reservation is subject to cancellation." What????
I did some people watching and found that I was doing a pretty good job tuning into people walking by almost too good since I startled a security guard and he looked me up and down as I watched people, then I felt him watching me for a while and I guess he just figured out I was people watching and not a threat. I guess there is a security threat. I asked a woman in the nearest gift shop about a mail box, and she told me there was a mail box way……on the other side of the airport. When the call came in and they told us we were not leaving till 7:05pm I said screw it I’m hiking…. Did I tell you I hate escalators??? Huge ones about one story up and one story down… and then there is this really cool lighted tunnel with music and flashing lights between the escalators… and when I found the mail box and mailed Noah’s Fathers Day card… I felt much better and treated myself to Starbucks and bought a large insulated cup for my water, and the woman only charged me half price, Woo Hoo! I am feeling better! It is 6:25 and if all goes well we will be getting on the plane shortly. At times like this I really wished I still smoked because I could use one right now, but I WILL NOT go there, I traded good coffee and my flute. Can you tell I am a lot happier???
 DETROIT AIRPORT
Our Plane loaded at 9:00pm (WE WERE SHEDULED OUT AT 4:40) and stIll sat on the runway for 20 minutes, we didn’t get in tll 12:40 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment