Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 23 Peggy's Cove

June 23, 2011
The Lunenbury Farmers Market was our first stop of the day. Bonnie stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies and the kids bought plants and flowers to plant in their garden and treats for their dogs, Rosey and Kiki. I browsed through the little booths and enjoyed the local samples of cider and cookies and listening to the children play violin and entertain. The locals all knew each other and chatted as they do every Thursday at market. I had met some of these vendors in Halifax. Everyone is so friendly in this small community. Bonnie and her family once lived right behind the market when they first moved to Nova Scotia. It was fun to see the local energy of the people.
Back to Bonnie’s and packed up, saying good by for now to Derrick and the kids, knowing I will come back to visit again. It was such a nice visit with the family and all the great things we did and adventures we had, not to mention the people I met. On to Mahone Bay for two readings and a little shop called the Drifting Spirit, then to the Yarn shop and the Freaky shop. We had lunch at the Biscuit Eater. Mahone Bay is a busy little tourist town with lost of summer visitors.
Off to Peggy’s Cove. Oh My what an experience, as if I haven’t had some really awesome ones here. Peggy’s Cove was just something our of this world and one of my favorites. The rocks looked like some giant picked up a hand full of boulders and tossed them over the land. It looked like what you wold think the moon would look like.
We climbed on the rocks and Bonnie held on tight when we looked over the edge. There is a local legend about American’s falling in and drowning. It was not going to be me today. This place is so powerful, you can just feel the energy in the land, what a beautiful experience. We went to the gift shop and I did some shopping which really stressed me out but I got it done. Then we ate in the restaurant. Earlier in the day we had a McLobster roll, really, with Nova Scotia lobster! From McDonalds! But as much as I love their coffee it was not what I expected.
Bonnie had me taste the Pickled Herring, and I can’t remember the official name but it was not one of my favorites to say the least. We shared fish and chips for dinner with no chips, I took a baked potato.
Yes, I will say, I think I have eaten my way across most of Nova Scotia (South Shore) and it was awesome. I can still fit into my jeans but I am up running more than 2 miles every morning so I can do this! We topped it off with Ginger bread, for me with ice cream and bonnie, lemon sauce, oh to Peggy’s Cove! We toasted with forks of ginger bread! The Light House was something else. And we took lots of photos.
Off to Halifax , back to Cindy and Paul’s. They were painting the house and Connor was in the kitchen cooking and making tea. In the middle of the night I woke to screams that unnerved me just to find out that it was a movie Connor was watching on TV, the city sounds make me uneasy and everyone opens their windows.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment