Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 22 Blomidon Provincial Park Fundy Bay

Blomidon Provincial Park Fundy Bay
June 22, 2011
Rock Hounds Delight
It is Friday and I can sit down and catch up, whew…. What an incredible trip of sight and sound taste and emotions. I am on the train and I have several days of blogging to catch up on. As we rock and roll and the sound of the train whistle is pretty constant. Me and Mr.Maple..( I bought a whole box to keep company on the train)
 
On Wednesday Bonnie the kids and I took a trip across the province to the western coast. We went through beautiful little towns and winding roads, through rolling hills and farmland. The land became rich with the color of hay fields and newly planted crops as we made our way through the Annapolis Valley, the bread basket of Nova Scotia. There is red clay plowed for planting and tractors harvesting the first crops of hay. We made our way to the coast after lunch in Kentville and I had pouline, French fries with cheese and beef gravy. It took us a few hours to get to our destination since we took our time and the kids needed to stop and we were not in a hurry, just enjoying the ride.
 
The beach… was nothing like I have ever seen, Huge red cliffs and at low tide the beach is our maybe ½ mile or more, it is hard to tell, you feel so small standing there looking at the massive energy of the ocean, the cliffs and the rocks. There is ONE way down and ONE way up, a set of stairs. The Blomidon Provincial Park at Fundy Bay is a weird and wondrous place the tide was out and coming in, and when it comes in, it come in so fast that it is shocking, if you get caught out there that is it, it is sheer cliffs. But to walk the shore line near the run off from the streams is a rock hounds heaven. We had stopped at Frenchie’s their Goodwill and I bought a hoody jacket with big pockets, thank Goddess!
Yes, I pulled off my shoes and filled my pockets, walking in the ice cold stream that ran from the cliff to the beach. It is so hard to explain what I was seeing and feeling, but always aware that the tide was rising. The kids and I started looking for geodes and sea glass, breaking a rock now and then. Watching the tide. We started looking at and comparing our favorite stones till we started saying to each other, "Don’t Look Down" our pockets were full!
Bonnie drove to the top of the mountain above the cliffs and beach for a view, WOW!
It took us longer than expected to get home and we missed the kids favorite rock shop. But I gifted them with the special rocks I had brought for each of them. Once we were back at home. Bonnie and I finished the blessings for her land we had started on at Summer Solstice and did a reading. It was a very long day and the next would prove to be as if not more exciting than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment