Monday, June 20, 2011

June 18 Halifax to Lunenburg to Rose Bay Nova Scotia

June 18, 2011
I got into Nova Scotia at 12:40am after a long and tiring haul from Detroit. The plane was loud, bumpy and cramped, I had both seats to myself and was grateful to stretch out some. I napped a little and listened to my MP3 player since the hum of the plane was so loud, I woke to the full moon coming into the cabin window. I gave my thanks to not just having a window on the east side of the plane, but for a clear enough night and even the delay of more than 4 hours so I could experience the full moon at 30,000 feet or what ever the plane was flying at, it was beautiful, and a blessing
Bonnie and her awesome friend Cindy met me after a quick trip through customs and baggage claims and off to Cindy’s house, which I just feel madly in love with just stepping inside the door. The houses are old New England style/ Victorian I think she saif 135 years old. Three stories and narrow, with tall ceilings and a steep stair case. Cindy is an interior decorator and her house reflected every bit of her awesome-ness. I met her son Connor hanging out in the kitchen about 2am and we chatted a little while as I told her what I felt about her house and the neighbor. I gave her some tips on what to do and was sad to hear she wanted to sell the house and move on to remodeling another adventure. The house had been in her family for many years and had lots of history, but she will do what she needs to do. As I was going to sleep sometime between 2:30-3:00 am I saw a man that was cuddling with young children, which I knew to be Cindy’s son Connor and Morgan which I met in the morning, the man was her father that had lived in the house and bonnie and I share his bedroom for the night. It was beautiful and welcoming.
I was up at 6:30 and the house was still, I found and made coffee and sat in her patio area under the Rowan tree ( also known as a mountain ash) watching her huge fat pigeons she had told me about the night before. I confirmed with her, strange birds about the size of a chickens. I then found Bonnie’s keys and my running shoes, dressed and was headed out the door when Cindy came down. We chatted a moment and I was off to do my 2 plus miles, around the park where the kids were dressed and off to play street hockey. It was cool about 50 degrees and I felt great even though I had little sleep. I enjoyed my run through the city streets of Halifax and came back to Cindy’s as the neighbors were setting up for a huge 7 block yard sale, which we shopped before heading off to the market. I met Paul, Cindy’s husband and later Morgan her daughter and off we went.

The Market was this two story flea market that was in the old port area, I will get the details from Bonnie. But there was no junk. It was handmade soaps, wine, baked goods, art work and photos, there were so may things to see, the coffee was to give your right arm for since I really needed it and the maple candy, oh my….the smells and taste of everything was just incredible and a little over whelming since I seemed to be picking up so much energy with all the people and things around me. I was having a few moments of maxium over load. Bonnie and I traded off American money for Canadian money so I could shop, but there was just too much. I only bought a really cool bee’s wax candle and a jar of Blueberry Maple syrup. Then we went to the roof of this totally green self sustainable building that had been modified, including a living wall and solar electric, water reclaiming area. The top walk was a perfect place to view the deepest port in the world and there was a cool story about Halifax being destroyed after WWI by exploding ammunition ships in the harbor, a lot of the city was distroyed and Boston came to their rescue. To this day they still send trees from Halifax to be planted in Boston to show their gratitude for their ancestors, how beautiful.
So we left Halifax with Cindy and Paul’s daughter Morgan which lives and works in Luneburg and we there in Halifax to visit for the weekend. The energy og the land just changed and shifted as we went through little villages and towns, of course the road system was much the same as the states other than the speed limit being in kilometers in stead of miles per hour. Bonnie dropped me off at the Yoga Studio where she does massage and facials and such on Wednesdays, I had an hour before my first reading and took the time to tune into blogging and reorganize my stuff. I felt very comfortable with my first client and the reading went well.
Off to dinner after a tour of Lunenburg area and town, it is beautiful and as Bonnie says it is hard to describe it to other people, the energy is powerful. It started to rain and the fog rolled in over the bay, a perfect feel of the Martine energy, so powerful and a little erree, you can almost see pirate ships in the harbor. We ate at the Fish factory which at one time was where the fish were brought into market, packaged and prepared, can or shipped. It just felt pumped with masculine energy and no smell of fish as one would expect. There were rows and rows of old photos on the walls of the important men in the community, no women…
The Food of Nova Scotia
I started my day off with breakfast at Athens Restaurant, with a bunch of Cindy and Paul’s friends and had fish cakes with my eggs, hash browns and toast. Bonnie brought my a Mr.Big candy bar after my reading. For dinner at the Fish Factory I had seafood pizza, and mussels and toped it off with a bowl of seafood chowder to die for and apple cake. I tasted some smoked salmon from Derrick’s salad. Yes, all of it was wonderful. My favorite food for the day was the chowder by far the best I have ever had.
From there were went to Bonnie and Derrick’s house, the kids, Dean, Autum and Charlie were pretty wound up with the excitement of having company and the summer filled with family coming to visit. Charlie gave up his room to me and I am greatful for the space up stairs and the privacy of his room. Bonnie and I walked the land which I will be doing a lot over the next few days so for now I will just say, wow! The cove is right there and we walked the woods even though it was raining hard and cold. The flowers and trees..wow and the air and the wild flowers blooming, the smells, wow.
Off to bed about 10pm and I slept like a rock. Thank you divine universe for this incredible adventure, I am grateful and I just got here.
*No photos from Halifax but Paul took some on his I phone he will send me, I will be back on Thursday and will get some then.
Cindy and Paul our hosts in Halifax that live in this beautiful house

No comments:

Post a Comment