Monday, July 25, 2011

My Garden before and after GOOD TO BE HOME!

One of the things we learned in permaculture was to work with our constraints. My biggest constraint and challenge is going to be poor sandy soil. We do not have the resources to pour hundreds of gallons of water and chemical fertilizers on our soil to grow vegetables. And we wouldn’t do it if we could. But I have been thinking about this a lot and ways to change the OM or Organic Matter of our sandy soil. I thought I was doing this in the beginning of the summer when I put in my permaculture beds and drip irrigation system, but now I am armed with a permaculture design certificate, and as Starhawk said just enough to be dangerous. Oh, and when I find a way to over come the damn little tiny ticks that are eating Noah and I up I will be happy.
This weekend we picked blueberries and wild hog plums. O I loved spending several hours just walking through the trails and seeing and feeling the energy of our home. I felt like I got lost in Faery for a while there. Noah cut many trails through the woods and around the blueberries but the deer and animals have cleaned out a lot more this summer searching for food. It is good to be home!!! We CAN grow grass when it rains!
 


 ALL ABOVE ARE BEFORE I LEFT JUNE 10th
Below are this weekend July 24/25













 

No comments:

Post a Comment