Friday, July 8, 2011

July 7 getting to the end of our workshop and cramming for exams

July 7, 2011
Back to school, we all feel like we are cramming for a huge exam, which we are in a way. Our final projects are due starting Friday morning and the house is a buzz with people working on projects. I will not post much till we are done. Friday Evening we have our Talent show and wrap up on Saturday morning so things will be moving pretty fast.
Thursday morning, I did my strongest run and later I fell into the ditch on the road taking photos, kinda crazy day.
The morning session was about invisible structures, meaning economy and different ways to finance projects. Then Brook gave us an hour on farm management which I took detailed notes and really thought about how we have such a difficult time managing our farm.
From after lunch till after midnight we were in and out of the house, taking photos, measuring, looking up trees and information in books and using all our resources. Our section is the front of the barn area which includes the playground, the driveway, several sitting areas, a fire pit, but I also was asked to redesign one end of the barn used for horses. They wanted tractor storage and ways to feed the animals in the winter with six feet of snow. That was what I spent most of my time doing since I had some experience with such.
All for now gota get to work for presentation…Oh…we actually had meat for dinner last night, farm grown beef. I didn’t feel it was welcomed at the table but yesterday I declared "No More Beans" even if I spent the rest of my time here eating bread and salad. WooHoo almost done!



No comments:

Post a Comment