Monday, July 25, 2011

Florida Summer...hot and sticky

July 23/24, 2011
I have been home for 11 days and life has yet to return to normal. I guess that is what life changing experiences are all about, which this is not the first time I have had such and will explain those experiences later. I must say I have been thinking about my trip, my experiences and my Earth Activist Training most every moment and even in my dreams. Last night I dreamed of building a community garden with children. I was giving direction and designing and we were laying cardboard on the ground and planting vegetables. I am thinking about presentations and making mental notes about how to do this, where and when. This past week I worked a lot and worked really hard with others to make it possible for Starhawk to come to Tallahassee for one night in November. We have not confirmed our plans. She has a new book coming out in late October about building community and using all her experience of years of living and working in community of diversity. It is the Empowerment Manual. I truly honor her and her work as well as her courage and experiences. Today Noah and I watched The Growing Edge, her Permaculture film which I will be using as an introduction to my presentations and we also watched Feast or Famine again the DVD I got in Nona Scotia I just love about farming and bio-diversity.


My garden is a mess and the grass has taken over the project beds. I can hardly see my drip irrigation system. The corn is 15 feet tall and the ears are not ready yet, yet some are drying up. Noah still has peppers coming in and it is hot, the sand burns my feet. But I have plans… I am working on my fall garden and my projects and just need to find the time to get them down on paper, I have them in my head….. I am charged up and ready to go, other that it feels like a sauna outside and needing to gather my thoughts. More sweet ice tea!!!!
Bonnie would have been very proud of me... I made it back home with a full box of Mr.Maple that my family inhailed the first night back, wouldn't let them open it till we were all together. I now have my Nova Scotia altar up. Below are some of my favorite photos from the Botanical Gardens and the Biodome my last day in Montreal... enjoy I have many more.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment