Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 2 Day OFF trip to town and walk in the woods

July 2, 2011
Our day off and well needed and deserved. I did not go to the crystal mines with Iris and the boys. Everyone was running late, I fed the boys breakfast because she was camping outside and they were hungry. Everyone was sleeping in. Iris looked up the mine and it was going to be at least two hours drive and she was dealing with the boys and they wanted to go swimming. I just wanted to go to the market. So I ended up riding with Dawn, our host and a few others. We had a good time in town. For a little while I walked the streets alone and talking to people, the town is on the US border and several people speak English but most did not and I found my way around and was able to find what I wanted and needed. I bought a silk and linen scarf since everyone here wears them for $9. I bought some chocolate and picked up an ace bandage for one of the campers that hurt his foot and a French magazine about flowers. We had lunch at the Passion Chocolate Cafe which was very good and had French ice cream and coffee. Then I sat on a bench near the street and took photos of the town and motorcycles since there seemed to be some kind of rally going on. In Canada this is a holiday weekend too but July 1st is Canada day and according to Louise, it is the day to move from one house to another. She said in Quebec the moving vans line up on the streets and move house after house and it is a good time to find furniture, hope you don’t find bed bugs.
We came back to the farm and I had a nice walk through the woods. I hiked a logging trail and saw prints of wolf or coyote and moose, but did not see any animals. I followed an animal trail through the woods and sat by a small stream listening. The flies were very bad but not biting just buzzing and irritating. I took a lot of photos and found some crystals, some I left for the Faery, others I gave away, I will find what I need for myself later but not today. I went back to the barn and took a shower and a nap did some housekeeping and we had movie night watching the Two Towers, Lord of the Ring and aat popcorn. So that was the perfect way to wrap up a nice day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment