Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 12 Biodome and Gardens, headed HOME!!!

July 12, 2011
I slept late and Louise didn’t get up till 10:30 I didn’t run because I was tired from walking all day yesterday, Good thing too. I played with the huge cats and made myself breakfast of French bread and cheese. I lounged in the hammock and waited for someone to stir. When Louise got up she gave me my instructions for the day and directions on how to get to the Botanical Gardens, bus to bus…oh here I go again. Her son walked me down to the bus stop. And off I went. The bus was busy with mid morning commuters and I almost missed my change over but made it, then I got off at the gardens. I found the entrance, it seems that everyone seems to think that finding the entrance to things is easy, it is not as the day goes on I find this more challenging. There is no way I will be able to explain to you what I saw in the gardens, I did a full photos tour, I walked for almost four straight hours and know I did not see it all. I took a lot of photos, it was a trip all it’s self. My favorite was the Bonsai trees and that is about all I can say. For a Master Gardener to spend 4 hours in a garden was just insane….I loved it!
I made my way back to the entrance and then back to where I was to cross the street to go to the Biodome, where the 1976 Olympics Games. It seems I walked for hours because there were no directions and I couldn’t figure out how to get to the entrance. The huge concrete spaceship looking monster just loomed over my head and was a constant shadow over the beautiful gardens. But when I did find the biodome I loved it. It was a huge inside zoo with climites ranging form the rain forest to the arctic. I will have to down load photos and do a whole page or two but not today…..
It took me an hour and a half to get back to Louise’s and I walked more than half way, the bus was very late and very crowed, but I saw more of the streets and I enjoyed it, even though I spent two full days on my feet and walking.
I am on my way home! Flight arrives in Jacksonville at 7:15 so I will post the garden and biodome photos in the next few days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment