Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Adventures and California!

April 10, 2012
Well… you can say I am a really bad blogger. I confess it has been months since I last posted on my blog, Southern Style Permaculture, but I have been really busy.
No Joke! I hit the ground running in the fall with a Spiral Fall garden and then I took on another job at Woodville Ace Hardware store, now working full time in the garden center. That consumes most all my free time. I am still working at Crystal Connection two days a week and doing lots of readings. We also have baby goats and a spring garden planted. The Café I sold in 2006 was finally paid off in December and I had to seek full time employment to pay the mortgage on the Cottage as well as keep up with the bills. My semi-retirement is over! Back into the full time workforce has been an adjustment for me but I am doing it, and loving it for the moment. I am where I need to be for this time in my life, the Center of things is always charged with energy and I am really charged. My physical, mental and spiritual energy is at a all time high. In some ways I am vibrating at higher level than ever before. And I am handling the stress pretty well as long as I can get 7-8 hours sleep, I eat very little and drink lots and lots of ice water between the time I go to bed and get up at 6:00 am to tend the farm. My dreams are as they have been for years, down loads of information that I will remember when it is needed. The few dreams I do remember are very vivid and clear, they usually have profound messages embedded.

Passion for Permaculture First
In February, I started teaching a Permaculture design class at the Leon County extension office with Will Shefal, Anna Lee and Wendi Bellows, another designer. Our class is the third county extension office in the United States to teach a Permaculture Design Course! And I must say I am loving this, even though I was totally taken by surprise at what this was going to be when we first discussed a class. This class has just wowed me, the students and teachers, the level and amount of information, is everything I could ever dream as for really taking Permaculture to another level. And you will soon learn my focus and position in this class is on Spiritualism and Community/ Social Permaculture. Yet, I am also doing hands on demonstrations and teaching. In February the class came to our farm and set in the second of the sheet mulched spirals. This one mirrors the one I built in the fall. Our year-long course is set up in four seasonal blocks and we have completed the first (Winter block) and started on the Spring Block a few weeks ago. We have between 25 and 27 students. Our students are mature, well educated, professional adults with a powerful amount of knowledge and experience to add to the class and the concepts, they are serious about the work. Some are and have been practicing Permaculture for years and most all have land and gardens already dedicated to the work. They have already started their designs and we (teachers) are all very impressed. I am IMPRESSED, I have said that?



Current update Trip 12:30 PM EST
I will check in a little on a personal level before I get to the current and present adventure. I am sitting in the Miami International Airport waiting for a flight to connect me to Los Angeles the to Santa Rosa, California!
Did you know that the Miami airport floor is painted with sea amebas and urchins? Just another observation of connections, water and microorganisms…

On a Personal and Spiritual level
Life is moving very fast. Every thing is speeding up. TIME has never felt like it does right now. There is a real urgency to work faster and harder to make the deadline. Even though we don’t really know what that is. As I move deeper into the spiritual work from my personal commitment and practice, to Faery Seership, to our Circle and working with Clients. Every day there are more signs from the Earth, to the Stars, to the energy of Spirit, to alignments of every sort that are screaming.. WAKE UP! It is 2012 and we are HERE!!!!
In my world I am dealing with things that are hard and difficult everyday. People that can be very difficult and others that don’t have a clue as to who I am and what I do (or can do) or why. I feel anger, hate and fear all around me. It has been many years since I have found myself in a position of such "Oppression". I have found that RESPECT is very important and even more so than ever before, even though I feel there are people in my world that don’t respect me, and yet others that totally respect me for who I am and the work I do. Please don’t think I am not truly grateful for those that give respect and love to me daily. At times I fall back on the wise words of my many teachers, when this power game gets to me. Here are a few ingrained words, Gary Harrington once told me, "Beware of the dream stealers, they will steal your dreams if you let them". Trinity, "Other become angry with you when they are afraid they can’t achieve what you can" and Libby Clark, " Your opinion of me, is none of my business!" For years people have come to me about finding their path in life, their purpose for being here on earth, at this time and place. I always tell them, "I can not tell you what your path is, but I can help you find it, if and when you are ready. This I do know, when you are on your path, your world opens up for you and life becomes joyful and beautiful. Things happen! You see and feel the threads that connect all things and things fall into place. You may not get what you want, but you will get what you need. This is where I am right now, more than ever before.


How the current adventure began
About 7weeks ago my friend Lisa Wyndance gave me Starhawk’s new book, "The Empowerment Manual" on a Monday night. On Tuesday I opened an e-mail about the first Advanced Social Permaculture course in California, taught by my teacher and mentor Starhawk and Charles Williams from EAT. I sent the e-mail to Will Shefal at the Leon County Extension office asking if this was possible and with in an hour the trip was being arranged. In lieu of being paid for teaching the class they gave me the funds to take this workshop. Wow, I have just been so blessed, it blows my mind. The support I have had from my family, friends and class has been powerful. A few months ago I just had this random thought that I was going to California, I have never wanted to go to California or had a real reason to go, but here I am.

The Trip Update 6:00 PM PST
The flight from Miami to Los Angeles was very difficult. About an hour before we landed I got very sick. I had a really bad headache and cold sweat and thought I was going to throw up, but just a good case of dry heaves. My seatmate was a really nice, woman about my age and she talked me to the bathroom when the flight attendants got me settled and gave me ginger ale. I have never gotten sick on a plane and this felt more like an energy hit. I grounded the best I could at 30,000 feet and called to my spirit guides to get me on the ground. It took me sometime to get some food and ibuprofen. And everything here in LA smells and taste awful, or maybe it is just me. But I just love the Alaska Airline desk attendant, he has made me laugh several time since I have been sitting here. I guess LA has it’s personalities. The more I think about when and where I got sick in the air, the map on the plane put us flying past Texas and New Mexico. I wonder about somethings I have heard about the crystal grids that have been activated and need to check into that when I get home.

On The Farm
Noah has had to take on more since I work every day and mostly into the evening. I had two days off in March and still planted a garden and set seeds in the green house. We had nine bay goats born starting on Valentines Day. Leslie took one to Panama City with her and is raising her with her dogs and has her house broke. We lost two, but the ones we have are so damn cute you just want to pick them but and hug them. We have two Saneen goats Noah is milking. I have made butter, mozzarella cheese and ricotta. The chickens are laying and fresh eggs every day are our staple food, or mine anyway. Noah has 44 eggs in our new incubator, these will be raised for meat and put into the freezer.
The horse situation is still the same or worse. The rescues have totally recovered and a few weeks ago we got two more. Noah is working harder than ever managing the horses but there has been none sold or given away. We are down on dogs since a few found new homes and no puppies this spring, thank you.
The garden is planted, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, zucchini, egg plant, onions, garlic and beans so far. Last week I was upset that the rabbits had eating my beans. When the next day I saw evidence that the rabbit was eaten by a hawk, by the disturbed ground and the hair. So I planted more beans. I still have herbs and planted more. The green house was full of stuff when I left, one is sweet potatoes, I am excited about. Water is still an issue, even with the sheet mulch the garden seems to suck up more than we can provide. I know it is better than in the past but is still an issue.


Finally I arrived in Santa Rosa, California 9:30 PST
Cold rain slapped me in the face. I was not really expecting that. I was tired and grumpy when I found the rental car and baggage claim area with in the same small room. The rental car assistant waited since they closed at 9:00. Another woman besides me was renting a car. Then the exhaustion of the trip set in. I thought I had paid for the car, I only reserved it. I had the money but not $465 on my card to secure the car and deposit. I was standing there with no car and no place to stay for the night and the nearest room was $120, I was not going to pay. I finally came to an agreement to rent the car one day and come back in the morning to fix the problem. Which I did and I ended up sleeping in the back seat of an Eclipse. Not a pleasant experience and that is all I will say. I am a real trooper. But early Wednesday morning I washed my face, had my coffee, fixed my issue with the rental car and was on my way. It took me about an hour to get to the west coast. And as everything works out it was worth everything.
PLEASE check check out my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment