Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bear Caught

August 2, 2011
Bear Caught!
If you haven’t ever been Bear Caught now is your chance…..a near death experience and if you don’t have enough sense to get out of the garden that is where they will find you and you might as well just put it in your will to bury you there as well.
I may only be 11am and 87 degrees in the sunny garden but you can over heat so fast when you are pullin weeds. I had already run two miles in the warm morning air, sweated out most of my water and made myself attack the garden, still trying to reclaim what is left or at least pull up the irrigation system and the feed bags. The feed bags are totally deteriorating fast and Ken said they do not have UV inhibitors in the but I am concerned about what they are putting into the soil. What ever it is the weeds and grass love it, so I guess it can’t be too bad. But I made myself get out there stipped down to my short shorts and a sports bra and big hat and gloves. Just going to town…until I realized I was totally soaked and sweat was dripping around me where I stood, not uncommon, but then I felt the nausea and my head felt light, I headed for the garden hose and soaked myself head to toe the waves of nausea didn’t stop so I made my way inside and grabbing a wet towel and the phone and down on the kitchen floor. Oh Shit! I am Bear Caught! I grabbed a glass of water and sipped it as I wrapped the wet towel around my neck and the nausa began to let up. I checked my pulse and it began to return to normal as I cooled. Thinking that was really stupid! Next thought was I have too much to do today to be laid up with heat exhaustion. I took a cool shower and made ice tea and decided I needed to spend some time in a book or chillin on my computer until I felt a little better.

Afternoon Ramblings....
Read a cool little book about Florida Out Houses..bargan from Borders going out of business
It is too hot, I hear that King's Of Leon walked off the stage mid concert last weekend in Texas saying it was just too hot.Hear that Kat??? I also hear you will be home this week to decompress after your wild tour through Europe......
Too hot and Mercury is going into Retrograde tonight....Leo is the Hot Lion Fire Energy and Dog Days are upon us...Find some shade and stay cool!!! Take time to plan your fall garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment