Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Blessings

I spent the day in Panama City with my Daughters that are now both Mothers and with our Grand children yesterday and I am working today on Mother's Day. I told Noah this morning in a way we are all mothers and we mother many things in life. Blessed are the Mothers! Both mine and Noah's Mothers are passed from this Earth. At work today I was thinking of My Mother as the Earth, Mother of all living things and we must care for her. I feel the work we do in making changes in the world at all levels has such a powerful impact on our place on Earth, it doesn't matter if we knew or had a wonderful relationship with our biological Mothers the Earth is still our true Biological Mother, just like with our birth mother without her we would NOT exist. So take a moment today to go outside touch the Earth and be grateful for our existence.

Reclaiming Chant from a Rumi Poem
Let the Beauty we love,
Be what we do,
There are hundreds of ways,
To kneel and kiss the ground.

Happy Mothers Day to us all,
Sissy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment